Welcome to the Combe Village Hall and Recreation Ground Committee Website.
Combe’s Village Hall and Recreation Grounds have been used for years as the village’s social and activity hub. From football and cricket fixtures, to children’s parties and weddings, there is no shortage of variety in its space and functionality!
However, it is the Village Hall Committee that is the heart of the amenities offered by the playing field. Having been established in 1947 by the Duke of Marlborough, the field was previously owned by Blenheim estate. 73 years later, the maintenance of the playing fields, pavilion and recreation ground are all carried out by members of the Village Hall Committee. Social events such as village barbecues, evening cricket fixtures, and football matches frequently take place, allowing generations of Combe residents, young and old, to enjoy the amenities offered by the Recreation Grounds.
Please contact Jo Willis Bund if you wish to make any bookings. Details are available on the bookings tab.
Committee Members / Trustees
The following make up the Village Hall and Recreation Ground Committee:
- Paul Bowerman (Maintenance and Health & Safety Representative)
- Chris Drinkwater (Football Representative)
- Mike Eeley (Cricket Representative)
- Malcolm Hawkins (Village Representative)
- Madeline Laxton (Secretary)
- David Lee (Car Park Project Lead)
- Mike Lloyd (Treasurer)
- Alan Revell (Parish Council Representative)
- Joanna Willis-Bund (Lettings Officer)